LEAD Center Webinars Highlight Innovative Practices & Concepts in Employment, Economic Advancement and Policy Leadership for People with Disabilities
The LEAD Center’s monthly webinar series targeted to workforce development professionals, policy makers, employers and individuals with disabilities and other LEAD Center stakeholders offers participants the opportunity to interface with national thought leaders and subject matter experts about important issues affecting the disability community. LEAD Center webinars provide knowledge translation of ODEP-identified best practices to improve the capacity of American Job Centers (AJCs) to serve job seekers with disabilities and to improve the employment and economic advancement outcomes of people with disabilities.
In its inaugural year, the LEAD Center conducted webinars in three mini-series–Promoting Economic Advancement, Promoting Employment and Promoting Leadership through Public Policy. Nearly 2,700 individuals have attended webinars this year. Of the hundreds of participants providing feedback, 95 percent said the webinars are useful and 92 percent reported the information they received was clear and that they have a better understanding of the topic.
Kicking off with an inaugural webinar in January 2013 introducing the LEAD Center, the nine-part series covered a variety of topics, including:
Promoting Economic Advancement mini-series:
· February 2013 - Implementing Free Tax Preparation Services
· March 2013 - Implementing Financial Education Opportunities
· April 2013 - Using Work Incentives to Build Financial Stability
Promoting Employment mini-series:
· May 2013 - Introduction to Customized Employment and Customized Self Employment
· June 2013 - Group Discovery: An Alternative Assessment Tool for Workforce Centers and Community-Based Providers
· July 2013 - Discovering Your Potential: Using Discovery to Identify Your Employment Goals
Promoting Leadership (Public Policy) mini-series:
· August 2013 - Cross-Agency Approaches to Advance the Use of Customized Employment and Self-Employment Strategies for Individuals with Disabilities
· September 2013 - Effective Strategies for Integrating Employment Outcomes and Services into Managed Care Models
If you missed a webinar, want to revisit a topic or if you need training materials, the LEAD Center website provides an easy-to-access webinar archive which includes captioned presentations, PowerPoints, transcripts and answers to questions asked after the webinar or during the webinar’s question-and-answer session. Visit the LEAD Center webinar archive at www.leadcenter.org/webinar-archive to access any webinar in the series at your convenience. Stay tuned to www.leadcenter.org or the LEAD Center’s social media sites for announcements regarding the upcoming 2013-2014 series.